If you’re a coach and you’re looking for ways to grow your coaching business, then Reuben is your man! He helps online coaches scale their businesses to $20-30k months! In this episode he breaks down all kinds of ways that will help you grow your online coaching business.
3 Main Takeaways:
- Niching down and having a super narrow focus of who you’re helping (in the beginning) will get you much faster results.
- You can 4-5x your business (without more traffic) by improving only 3 things: retention, referral, and close percentage.
- Fall in love with the process of serving people and you will live a fulfilled life.
0:55 – How did you get started out as an entrepreneur?
- Reuben always felt he was destined for something great.
- He saw possibilities online when he realized how much his wife made as an online coach compared to his salary as a bricklayer.
- He tried multiple online ventures before he found success as a fitness coach where he quickly made 6 figures in his first 6 months.
- After a couple years of coaching, he started getting asked how he did it, and then he started coaching entrepreneurs to build their own coaching business.
5:30 – How does one know when they can become “the coach”?
- Most coaches Rueben talks with are heart-centered, and they are passionate about serving and helping people get results.
- He says that while not necessary, it’s smart to get a certification in your area at some point if you want to be a coach.
9:15 – A lot of coaches struggle with the financial/selling side of the business. What challenges have you seen working with coaches on helping them make more money?
- Reuben says that everything they do is centered around providing value first.
- The second thing is to make sure you have a good money mindset.
11:15 – How do you quantify value as a coach?
- One metric Reuben tracks is something they call “value pieces.”
- A value piece is a piece of information that your ideal clientele would raise their hand to, but everyone else would not.
- He pushes his clients to get out 50 value pieces per week to their prospects.
23:30 – Traffic problem vs. conversion problem. What’s the deal?
- Look at every step in your process before people become leads and you will probably find somewhere where people are falling out of your funnel.
- The next thing is looking at retention rates. How long are you keeping your customers?
- Then look at referrals. Are your customers bringing you new customers? If not, they should be.
- Most entrepreneurs do not have a traffic problem, they have a conversion problem.
31:48 – Perils & Pearls. What is the biggest peril you’ve come across in your journey, and what pearl got you out of it?
- Reuben plateaued and was stuck, and he realized that he was out of alignment with his passion because he was doing what everyone else in his industry was doing.
- He ended up hiring a mentor that taught him how to truly find his zone of genius and also showed him how to step out of being the “hero” of every part of his business.
39:48 – Can it be too early to automate and delegate in your business?
- The first thing that needs to be true is that you have a system that works.
- You also need to have the resources to support the automation.
- Finally, don’t be desperate that the automation works or you’re going under. That’s a recipe for disaster.
44:45 – For all coaches out there, how can they get in touch with you and work with you to expand their business?
- “Aspiring Online Coaches” Facebook group. (Now called “Online Coaches Uprising”)
47:10 – If you were given the opportunity to sit down with yourself 5-10 years ago, what is one pearl of wisdom you would leave for yourself?
- Fall in love with the process of serving people.